Monday, September 29, 2008

Siesta Key




I am starting to blog all of my latest happenings...this will be the first of about 4 I think.
On September 12-13, Matt and I went to Siesta Key with his mom and dad, and our Gilliam friends from church. The surf was really good, so the boys wanted to go up. I just wanted to tan. We got there around 7pm on Friday and Matt went straight to surf! Afterwards, we all had dinner at a pizza place right across from our hotel.
On Saturday, we surfed all day long. I was having a really hard time getting up at first because the waves were coming one after the other. I was getting beat up. I decided I would take a break, and go hang by the pool. That is always relaxing.
At the end of the day, I decided to give surfing another chance. I got up on my knees several times. I was so happy about that, I didn't even care if I ever got on my feet. After slamming my head into the rocky bottom, sunburn, getting hit in the forehead by my surfboard, and having millions of no-see-um bites, I had a great time. Siesta Key is a favorite place for Matt and I. It is only about an hour away and right on the beach.

No comments: