Friday, July 22, 2011

Insights from Motherhood


Yesterday, I started looking through some pictures of myself during pregnancy and after pregnancy with my sweet little boy. All of you know that I had Jackson in May of 2010 and he has blessed Matt and I so much ever since we saw his handsome face. As I was looking through those pictures, I saw the physical differences (how could you not notice the HUGE round thing on the front of your body), but also saw a difference in my countenance.


Babies bring so much joy to everyone around them. They make your heart tender, your patience a little greater and your love for life so much stronger! Jackson will probably not ever know HOW MUCH HAPPINESS he brings to Matt, our family, friends and myself, but each day, I will strive to show him! I can't believe that he is almost 15 months old. Where did the time go? I remember if like yesterday when I took the pregnancy test, heard his heartbeat, found out he would be Jackson, and not McKenzie Grace, held him for the first time, his first smile, his laugh, first steps, and so much more. I will forever cherish every single memory with him.

I have related the love for my son to the love that Christ has for each one of us (not even comparable, but it's as close as I can get). I remind myself daily that God have His 1 and only Son for ME... Simply because he loves me that much. This love overwhelms me. There is no way that I could give Jackson up for anyone, much less for people who would mess up daily, reject me, and sometimes not even care. Thank you Lord for your endless mercy, grace and love!

No comments: