Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The End to a 6 Year Streak

This is Bryant Denny Stadium

My Thanksgiving weekend couldn't have gone any better, well except for the Orlando airport, but I will talk about that at the end.
My mom had tickets to the 2008 Iron Bowl (for those of you who don't know what that is, it is the Alabama vs. Auburn game). She didn't have anyone to go with her and since we were supposed to be in Florida for Thanksgiving this year, I wasn't sure I could go. I finally made a decision and she bought me a plane ticket to fly in on Black Friday. My flight left Fort Myers at 6:50am. Yes, it was a very early morning for me. I arrived in Birmingham at 11:40am to see my mom, Aunt Lisa, and cousin Caitlin waiting for me. I was so happy to be home! We stopped at a gas station to pick up a snack and then headed to my granny's house. My granny had her famous dressing ready for us to eat along with ham, green bean casserole, rolls, mac n cheese, and yummy dessert. She saved stuff for me from Thanksgiving so I could still celebrate with them. We hung out there all day, watched football, and chatted. After that, we went to my mom's house where my best friend Cristina came over to visit. It was cut short because we all had to get to bed so we could wake up early to drive up to Tuscaloosa for the game.
Saturday morning, we woke up at 5am..another early morning. We got on the road at about 6:15 and headed north for the game. When we got there, it was foggy and was misting. Kinda annoying, so my mom and I went to the Ferguson Center on Campus for breakfast and to watch ESPN Gameday to see who the picks were for the day. Around 11, we went over to the stadium so we could see "The Walk of Champions". This is where the coaches and players walk into the staduim. This is all I really wanted to see because I have never seen it before. I felt like a little kid all over again. My favorite part of that walk was seeing John Parker Wilson. He is Alabama's Quarterback and he is awesome. After the walk, we went to the Quad to get a quick lunch and then headed into the staduim. The atmosphere was awesome. Amazing game. My throat hurt so bad from all the screaming, but we got to celebrate it at the end. Alabama 36 Auburn 0. SHUTOUT!!!
John Parker Wilson, #14
Inside the stadium before kickoff
Me and My mom celebrating the win over Auburn
My mom, brother, and I after the game

On Sunday, my flight left Birmingham at 12:30. It was delayed about half an hour. I had a connecting flight in Orlando that was supposed to take off at 6:40. I got to the aiport to find out that it had been delayed until 7:15. I was not a happy camper, but I got some lunch and relaxed. I ended up not leaving the Orlando airport until 8:45pm. I was there for 5 and a half hours.
I had an awesome trip. This weekend, I am going to ATL for the SEC Championship. You can expect a nice blog from that. ROLL TIDE!!

1 comment:

Cissie said...

Love this pictures! Sounds like you didn't get much sleep...I would have made matt come drive and pick me up! hahaha. Glad you had fun!