Wednesday, December 17, 2008

So Proud Of My Brother







My 3rd trip to Alabama in 3 weeks was for my brother's college graduation. He graduated from the University of Alabama in the Computer Science College summa cum laude (however you spell it). I am so proud of you Jason!! You are awesome!
Not only did I get to see my brother accomplish all that, but I got to see my wonderful Tandi and Ashton! They came in from Louisiana and we all had a blast. I arrived in Birmingham at 12noon on Friday. I was sooo tired. My mom and I went to the house and napped. She had to go to work that night, and I just stayed at the house waiting for Tandi to arrive. The drive from Louisiana is supposed to only be 6 hours, but it took her 12 beacuse those Cajuns didn't know what to do when the snow started falling! When Tandi got there, we ended up going to Books-A-Million so she could e-mail some things and Ashton could play with the train. We met my mom at I-Hop for dinner around 10:30pm. Then it was bed time!
On Friday, we all slept in! Glorious...We all wanted to go out and see the new malls that we haven't been to before. Friday was a day of just hanging out. Friday night, I had dinner with one of my oldest friends, Morgan Isbell. Morgan and I have known each other since Kindergarten. We met at Logan's Steakhouse. We caught up on life and just had a really nice visit. I really miss her. I met my mom and Tandi at Starbucks for coffee. We hung out until late that night and then realized how early we had to get up the next morning.
Saturday, 5am came way to early. My brother's graduation began at 9am and it was 2 hours north of where my mom lives. We had breakfast at McDonalds on campus just before graduation began. 5 of my friends from high school actually ended up sitting right in front of us which was nice. We got to talk. I forgot how much I missed all those people. After graduation, we all met up with my brother to take pictures. Then we headed to eat lunch together.
I flew out on Sunday afternoon. I had a wonderful trip! I am actually posting this as I am washing clothes and packing for tomorrow's road trip with the Deaton's. I am riding with them to Alabama and spending 9 days there with my mom. Matt is driving up on Monday or Tuesday. We will be heading home on the 28th! Get ready for another blog after that!!

This is my buddy Ashton playing guitar hero...2 years old!

1 comment:

Cissie said...

Are you serious...you are going again?!? You are one traveling machine!!! Have fun and Merry Christmas!